Printing in companies – the paperless office remains a virtual goal
ThinPrint surveyed business users in over 30 industries on printing.
Monday, November 23, 2015 — In September 2015 ThinPrint, manufacturer of the worldwide leading print management solution, surveyed 379 business users in over 30 industries on their needs and challenges in relation to printing. The results provide information about the status quo of printing in companies and make clear: the paperless office remains a virtual goal.
Some results of the survey:
- Only 4.5 percent of the respondents said that they have a paperless office.
- 82.6 percent believe printing is an important cost factor but around 65 percent do not use any software to analyze printing costs.
- The vast majority of the respondents (68.1 percent) use printers from different manufacturers.
- Almost three quarters of respondents are not able to print at their workstation using an iPhone or iPad, although almost 70 percent do also work with smartphones and tablets.
- Printers are required to be highly sophisticated. One in five respondents need a stapling or perforation function and one in two respondents believe it is important to print multiple pages per sheet.
The complete Research Note with the detailed results and graphics can be downloaded for free at www.thinprint.com/research-networkprinting